Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's Been A While...

I know, I know, most of you probably thought I would never post again. But, I'm back! I've been going through some health issues and I've finally gotten things on a good track and I'm happy. I'm striving for a more natural and organic lifestyle. I've been shopping at Whole Foods and just today I started growing some tomatoes as well as an herb garden. I've got some basil, oregano, thyme, sage, cilantro, parsley, chamomile, and others that I can't remember right now, LOL. It's been a lot of work, but if it all grows I'll be over the moon! I'm still making jewelry, but I've been dealing with some things here at home so I haven't been as active with that lately. I learned how to do Kumihimo and I've also started making polymer clay pendants and I'm going to be working with beaded crochet too. Those are going to be the main focus of my jewelry from now on. Below are some pictures of what I've done so far today and I'll post more of what I do tomorrow. Til then, enjoy!! 
This is my Topsy Turvy tomato planter. I didn't realize at first that there was no tomato plant in the box, so I went back to the store and bought one! LOL

I'm going to add soil to this to fill it up. The soil in it originally was full of stones and stuff so I dug a bunch of it out. Now I'm wondering if I need to put a barrier down before I put the new soil on top. I'm pretty sure the hole goes all the way down to the ground which is like 4 1/2 feet.

These seed packets will get planted in starter pots tomorrow and planted in the planter above once they grow some.

This is a ready-made type planter. Once they start growing I'll put them into the big planter too. I might even add more stuff once I see how everything is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment