Monday, September 26, 2011

Some Good, Some Bad, Some In Between

            Since my last blog post not much has changed with my dad. They did more testing and so far nothing has come back definitive. They were supposed to do an MRI of his liver today because they saw some spots on it but the machine is down so that will have to wait. They don’t seem that concerned about them at this point, they just want to make sure. If they don’t like what the MRI shows or doesn’t show they might do a liver biopsy. Other than that the only other explanation for these “pseudo seizures” as his doctor has called them would be psychological. They talked about the possibility of sending him somewhere nearby to be observed via video camera so they can see what happens when he has an episode. My mom and I found out today that my uncle who is no longer with us had a tumor on his pituitary gland and that caused him to have seizures and that was the reason he eventually passed away because it couldn’t be treated. They don’t think that is what’s going on here, but at least they have the information. My aunt never told us anything about this, so the fact that my uncle had these seizures came as a surprise when my other uncle mentioned it this morning. We set up this meeting this morning because when my mom was talking to the doctor yesterday we could hardly understand what he was saying over the phone. His accent was so thick I even had a hard time, and I can usually do pretty well. It’s really starting to get frustrating because we want to get my dad into rehab for physical therapy so he can come home soon. My mom needs to go back to work and life really just needs to get back to normal. We never imagined this is where we would be when we took him to the hospital two weeks ago.

            Time for a change of subject; some of you may or may not know I’m in college. Well, at the end of term at the end of June my GPA was low. So low in fact, that I was put on Academic Probation. It was partly my fault and partly the fact that I’m terrible at school. So, this last term that just ended we paid for out of pocket. I took one class and it cost $1500. We paid it in three payments over the course of the term. I say we because my mom has been helping me all along. So, after this last term my GPA was still low because again, I struggled in my class. After that I knew if I wasn’t able to get financial aid there’s no way I’d be able to stay in school. I didn’t want to give up, so I e-mailed my advisor and within about 20 minutes she called me back. She told me that they had changed the requirements for my major so some of the classes that I sucked in wouldn’t count towards my GPA if I switched over to the new catalog, so I did that. So now I need to talk to someone in financial aid, plus return at least one of the text books that I already got and reconfirm my schedule because one of the classes for the upcoming term is also not required for my major anymore. I’m trying to get all of this taken care of NOW because Thursday of course I’m leaving for Texas (see y’all at the BBQ!!) and I won’t get back until the very beginning of term, so I NEED this done now. I’ve been so stressed and worn out from dealing with my dad that I haven’t had it in me to deal with this too. But I also don’t want to take a break from school because it’ll be that much harder to go back in a few months. I’d rather just push through and keep going now.

            On top of that, I need to make jewelry for the craft fair coming up at the end of November. I know if I wait too long I won’t have time and I won’t have things ready. Plus, I love to write pen pal letters to friends all over the world (mostly US though) and I’ve even been neglecting that lately. They all understand of course, but I still feel so bad that I have this stack of letters sitting and staring at me and it sucks. AND, I also think either I’ve gotten a head cold or my allergies are screwing with me again because my nose is stuffy and runny and my head is congested. Anyway, I think I’ve gotten just about everything off my chest. If you got this far, congratulations. If not, :-P!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment