Wednesday, July 31, 2013

GASP! A Post About Jewelry! For A Change...

So I got this idea just as I was getting ready to drift off to dream land the other night. I hopped out of bed, carefully, because it's a loft and I don't want to break anything...gone 32 years without a broken bone, thank you very much! So, the idea I had was to make initial charms/pendants out of polymer clay. I was thinking about this over the last day or so. Trying to figure out just how to do this. Stamps? Cookie cutters? And then it came to me...sort of. I have an alphabet mold in my stash so maybe I could use that. This morning after breakfast, etc, I headed down into my studio. I grabbed that mold and some scrap clay and with my new BSB CD cranking, I got to work. I conditioned the scrap clay and used pieces and made molds of each letter. Then I baked them. I'm going to try using them as stamps and then I might try some paint or alcohol ink on them...who knows. But here's a picture of the stamps I made...


I hope you can see the letters ok. Guess maybe the clay is darker than I thought. Anyway, we'll see how they turn out. I need to make sure there are no fingerprints on the letters because I don't want them transferring to the pieces I make! I'll try to do another post when I start working with these to make charms/pendants.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I can't wait to see what you do with them. =) And working to the new BSB CD, awesome. I did some writing today to Linkin Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post what I make with them once I'm able to get to them. So much I want to do, but some days my body or mind just won't let me.

      Delete